WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

The summer birds are coming in by the day now. Here is the male Indigo Bunting. What an awesome bird with this gorgeous color.
He has only been here for 2 days, and I haven't seen the Mrs. yet and he won't stay very long.
Another recent visitor is the male Orchard Oriole. He has been here every day this week, and will probably stay for a while.
Last evening I was lucky to see a 3rd year Bald Eagle in a neighboring back yard not far from the creek. It was getting foggy and this bird was quite a long way away so I had to work it over a bit to get better detail.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see what Springman has done with this amazing meme.

11 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Gorgeous!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Such beautiful birds. I am still waiting,but I am sure they will show up eventually.Until then,I will enjoy them through your eyes.

TexWisGirl said...

all 3 are wonderful!

mick said...

Great photos. That Indigo Bunting is a wonderful color.

A wondering star said...

Wow, amazing birds - so beautiful colors!
Thanks for sharing

theconstantwalker said...

Your birds are amazing.. lovely pics.

Linda said...

Great shots - all of them! The indigo coloring is beautiful!

Pat said...

Great captures! The birds are beautiful.

Unknown said...

All beautiful, but you're right the colour of the bunting is incredible. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Are Indigo Buntings not ust short of marvelous, or actually they are marvelous and you got some splendid images. Wow a Bald Eagle so close, very neat~

Mary said...

Wow...great shots! The Indigos skipped my house this year..darn! I have seen one out along a road somewhere.