WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

What an opportunity when I came across this juvenile Red-tailed hawk, and he posed for me. Of course there was a Blue-jay harassing him too, so he wasn't noticing me.
On my feeders today a 1st year male Rose-breasted grosbeak. I have several this year. Something new for me as I usually I only have one pair, and the adult males are so beautiful..
Now, just because it's on the bird feeder, and eating bird seed does not necessarily make it a bird.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's cool that the rose-breasted start out yellow. didn't realize that. :)

mick said...

Great photos of the hawk.

NatureStop said...

Great shots!Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Shantana

Larry said...

Nice post Becky! Great shots of the Red Tail and those juvenile grosbeaks are always a rare treat aren't they? And is that a chipmunk? It's very cute!

Carletta said...

Excellent image of the hawk!
That 'bird' with the overstuffed cheeks is pretty cute. :) Chippy is really chowing down.

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful creatures! Thanks for sharing.
Kim,USA

eileeninmd said...

Cool shot of the hawk and I love the Grosbeak. Wonderful photos.

Unknown said...

Great shots. The young male grosbeak is new to me. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

fjÀllripan said...

Great photos of the hawk!! And of course the other bird and the squirrel(?) too! :)

Brian King said...

Excellent photos, Becky! Love the hawk!

Springman said...

So...about a quarter of the season gone, any thoughts? Jeter is just out of his mind so far and I thought he was getting old! Very proud of that Michigan kid...Texas looks so tough, Wow!
Cheers!

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Each photo highlights the character in these gorgeous creatures! Adore the magnificent presence of the hawk!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful photos of the red-tailed hawk and Rose-breasted grosbeak. I'm awed by the number of interesting birds you see and take photos of.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that the red-breasted starts with a yellow breast - amazing nature :-)
nice photos!

Kristine said...

That yellow on his breast is so vivid! And nice pic of the hawk...

Mary said...

These are great! Love both the hawk and the grosbeak! And of course the cute chippy :-)