WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

World Bird Wednesday


Taking a ride this afternoon to Barcelona Harbor on Lake Erie, I spotted quite a large flock of Lesser Scaups. Most likely migrating through the area. Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more bird shots.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Such beauties. Love the new header shot too!!!

Carletta said...

Hi Becky,
Oh gosh, you still have lots of ice.
These little guys were quite photogenic on the cold water!

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely birds to see. Many thanks for sharing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That water must be frigid.I like the header photo.

mick said...

Nice photos. I like the way you have caught the movement in the water.

Sondra said...

Great Photos...I have never seen the Scaup so this should me ID it when I DO!

Bill S. said...

Great captures. Lesser Scaup are usually hard for me to get good pictures of. Good post.

Anonymous said...

Cool photos - not only the water ;-)

FAB said...

Lovely images of a species I have only seen once or twice. FAB.

Margaret Cloud said...

It's amazing how they can swim in such cold water, love the pictures.

Springman said...

Lord that water looks cold but I guess the Lesser scaup is built tough. These are marvelous shots have great movement.
About your header photo...I think that goldfinch is starting to yellow up a bit and that is good news!

Fotokarusellen said...

Beautiful and cold images. Well done.

Pat said...

Lovely photos!

Mary said...

very pretty ducks!

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of the Scaups.