WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just a few birds

We had company on Saturday, and then since it was a nice day we did some more chores outside getting ready for winter, and I didn't get many pictures. Here are a few from earlier this week of the birds that were at my feeders.
Mrs. Downey woodpecker comes around every day. I have 3 Titmice that have remained here all summer.
This Purple finch was having a good shake. If I did this, I would be so dizzy!

Here she is before that shake.


The White breasted Nuthatch always chows down on the suet.

Last but not least my Christmas/ Thanksgiving cactus is blooming. I actually have 3 different plants in one pot, and they bloom at different times.
Have a wonderful rest of the week-end.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! I love the one of it shaking Becky. :)

Mary said...

Beautiful birds. You and I do seem to have the same birds most of the time. Isn't it great that they are such nice ones to see every day? I never tire of them. I don't get many purple finches....mostly just the House and Gold ones. Lovely cactus flower!

jan m said...

Great photos Becky. I love the shake shot. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful!

Margaret Cloud said...

The cactus is so pretty, and very bright. I love your bird pictures. Hope your are having a nice Sunday.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the one with the Finch shaking,that is a great capture.Of course I enjoy seeing all the pictures.
Blessings,Ruth

Glennis said...

Beautiful birds and cacti flowers.
Wonder why that little bird does all that shaking.

EG CameraGirl said...

Saturday and Sunday sure were pretty days, weren't they? I was in Rochester visiting with relatives for a few days, so sort of in your area.