WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, November 23, 2009

Ruby Tuesday

I bought this Amaryllis at Wal-Mart for $2.50! I couldn't believe it. It has 2 buds already open, and many more yet to come. I might just have to go back and get more. I needed some new color in the greenhouse since it's sort of blah right now.
Thanks so much to mary/the teach for keeping this meme going.
Click on her site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see tons more RED shots.

21 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful flowers.hey do add a pop of color.
Blessings,Ruth

jan m said...

I love amaryllis Becky. Thanks for reminding me to buy a couple for Christmas gifts for each of my daughters. It's become a tradition.

Megan, Life Revamped said...

love the red!
great RT!
come and visit my place if you have the time!


xoxo,
fickleinpink

Jama said...

Beautiful flowers, and I just love it's striking colors!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is strange to see them flower by you in the winter time Becky as here they are summer flowering. A beautiful shot of it.

Martha said...

Beautiful. They are always nice to have this time of year. I might have to pick one up!

My RT

Arija said...

They cost more than that for the bare bulb from nurseru catalogues. A great buy. I'd go straight back and get some more.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS!!

Mary said...

Sounds like you got a good deal on that one....very beautiful!

EG CameraGirl said...

I cannot believe you got it for $2.50 either. What a bargain!

Cicero Sings said...

$2.50, what a steal!

P.S. I don't mind windiness!

Stephanie V said...

That is a beautiful amaryllis. We usually just seem to see the pink ones.

Raven said...

$2.50! Wow! Great buy. Beautiful flower. Hope you can get more. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Dianne said...

beautiful flowers!!
I love Frosty, what a sweet kitten

Jew Wishes said...

What absolute beauties these photos are. I love the color splashes.

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! That is a beautiful amaryllis! Perfect for Ruby Tuesday...

maryt/theteach said...

Becky and Gary, that beautiful amaryllis is quite a buy! Its RED color is extraordinary!
BTW you have WON the Ruby Tuesday Giveaway!! Congratulations! Come to my RT post and see what to do to receive your pillow! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

maryt/theteach said...

Becky, I have your address so I'll have the pillow sent right along... :) Congrats again! :)

Scribbler said...

They sure are lovely. You deserve to win, congratulations!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Beautiful ... and a BARGAIN too ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

BNS said...

Wow, what vibrant color!

Bobbie