WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rainy and Windy Saturday

It was so gloomy and wet again today, and no we're not getting used to it. LOL We've had almost 1 1/2" of rain in the past 24 hours. The creek trail is mostly under water, and the temp. is 48ยบ
On my ever bearing red Raspberry bushes are new berries that never get ripe this time of year. The frost will get them before I do.
I did see a cute Downy woodpecker on the trail yesterday, before all the rain began.

We drove to Lake Erie this afternoon to see the really high waves crashing onto the rocky shores.


I wouldn't like to be out there in a boat...

These breakers are 10-12 ft. high and this wall of water really smashed into it, throwing sand and gravel everywhere.



During the day there were 1000's of Sea Gulls flying over head. They sometimes land in the fields across the road from us. Usually when the Lake waters are very rough, and we live at least 30 miles from the lake.


I do hope we get a nicer day Sunday. Enough is enough. As I mentioned if all this water were snow, we'd be up to our eyeballs in it!

6 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely series of photos, I love looking at wild seas. Your woodpecker photo is lovely too

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A pity you won't get to the berries Becky, they would be good for canning. That water is really rough and I would not like to be out on it either.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh my,those waters look angry.There is a certain beauty even in that,at least if one is on the safe side of the water.Have a great Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth

jan m said...

We were in Buffalo over the weekend Becky, and moved Garrett into his new apartment in the rain. Today was much nicer! As we approached Buffalo yesterday, I noticed the cloud patterns over Lake Erie, which are very different from anything we see back home, and thought of many of the cloud photos in your posts!

EG CameraGirl said...

I missed this post! Glad I came back to look at it.

The seagulls certainly do look agitated ad the lake looks mean!

Cicero Sings said...

Quite the day! Wouldn't want to be on that wall when those breakers broke over!