This first shot is of the Tundra Swans. I heard their kwooo, kwooo calling way before I saw them. This picture has been cropped, so you can see just how very high they fly. They were headed Southeast to their winter grounds along the Atlantic shores of Virginia and the Carolina's.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Sunday, November 29, 2009
We were gone all day Saturday, and I didn't take any pictures outside, so I'll post some from last Thursday and Friday. They are all on my morning walk on the Creek trail. I wore a bright green sweatshirt, and didn't see any hunters.
This first shot is of the Tundra Swans. I heard their kwooo, kwooo calling way before I saw them. This picture has been cropped, so you can see just how very high they fly. They were headed Southeast to their winter grounds along the Atlantic shores of Virginia and the Carolina's.
It had been raining earlier that morning, and the water droplets hung from all the branches.
This first shot is of the Tundra Swans. I heard their kwooo, kwooo calling way before I saw them. This picture has been cropped, so you can see just how very high they fly. They were headed Southeast to their winter grounds along the Atlantic shores of Virginia and the Carolina's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It sure does look like winter there Becky. Soon all this will be covered in snow.
wonderful sereis of photos, particualrly the swans flying and the orange trees.
wow...I like that orange tree shot! Your header is pretty, too. I hope some of those swans make it down this far for the winter.
Wow! The tree shots are marvelous.First that bright orange and then it turns to the subdued softer shade.Both are excellent.Have a great Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth
Nice photos Becky. I love how the sun affects coloring this time of year. It looks like a nice day here, though cold, with rain to come tonight. At least it's not snow yet!
Thanks for sharing your virtual views from your lovely surroundings. All are wonderful but my favorites are the first and final shots. Your header is lovely too. I've shared sunset views at Sacred Ruminations today.
Hugs and blessings,
Lovely pictures.The orange tree is so orange. I wonder where the swans are going.
~~Hugs~~
Looks like a very nice weekend indeed! :) Love the sun coming up! :)
Post a Comment