WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Macro Monday

It's Macro Monday again, and I haven't posted any Orchids for a while. This tiny flower is an Oncidium orchid. It has stems about 8" long and is filled with little flowers that are only 1/2" or less across. This one is white and yellow with a red center, but they can come in all colors, and there are about 500 species make up this genus. This particular one has the fragrance of baby powder..
Thanks so much to Lisa for hosting this meme and to keeping it going.
Click on her site http://lisaschaos.com/ to see lots more close-ups.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So tiny and delicate. I'll have to tell my mom about these. She loves orchids.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

They are so beautiful Becky. I wish I still had my hothouse full of them.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh I adore orchids..what a lovely shot!! Sarah

EG CameraGirl said...

I like tiny flowers and the aroma of baby powder - if only I had a place to grow these!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beauty is even in the smallest of flowers.Thanks for sharing these beauties.Have a great day.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Very small but very pretty! I love all your orchids.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Becky! And I LOVE your header shot!!

Betty said...

I would love to have a flower that smelled like fresh baby powder. Yours is very pretty.
~~Hugs~~

jay said...

I really like orchids, especially since I discovered that I can keep them alive, unlike most houseplants! I guess they thrive on neglect.

That's a pretty little flower. So far I've only had phalaenopsis, but I'm tempted to branch out!

Unknown said...

I love orchids, big and little! These are beautiful yellow!

Chie Wilks said...

such a beautiful picture of an orchid flower

mine is here