WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

World Bird Wednesday


I know I have posted this guy before, but this seems to be the only time of the year when I see the pair of Red bellied woodpeckers, so I have lots of pictures to share.

Happy World Bird Wednesday everyone. Hope the week is going well for you.

Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more bird shots.















14 comments:

Bill S. said...

Those are some beautiful pictures of a beautiful bird. This is one that I need on my life list. You are lucky to see them once in a while.

Larry said...

Gorgeous shots of the male Red-bellied Woodpecker Becky! I like the way that red head stands out against the white snow.

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot...such a pretty bird. I love your header photo...the turkey dance!!!

Arija said...

That flash of colour looks great in the whiteness of snow.

How are things up your way?

joco said...

That header, with the turkey tripping the light fantastic ...

TexWisGirl said...

Lovely guys. We keep several couples here in Texas too.

LOVE that high-stepping turkey in your header!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That red cap just glows.I love these birds,oh just a minute,I love all birds,but The Red-bellied Woodpecker is particularly pretty.
Blessings,Ruth

holdingmoments said...

Beautiful shots.

Unknown said...

There are never enough woodpecker photos. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Sondra said...

Can Never see too many of this beauty!! Great images!

Springman said...

Yep, I love the header too! Winters would sure be lonely without our Redbellies!

Pat said...

Nice shots of this Woodpecker! One used to come to our suet feeder, but I've missed him lately.

Kerri Farley said...

I can never get enough of the RB Woodpeckers! Great captures!

Margaret Cloud said...

I am always thrilled to see the bigger Woodpeckers, they are so pretty, nice photos of them.