WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pics from this week

On my daily walks with Tauqua we pass 5 groundhog burrows along side the road. This GH doesn't seem too afraid as I stop to take it's picture. I liked the flower effect too. This Barn Swallow has a insect in it's beak on the way home to feed the kids.

My Marigolds are doing well despite all the rain.


I found this old gas grill ( free) at a yard sale several years ago, and it makes a great place for flowers.

We've seen 3 doe and 3 fawns the past 2 days, and this is the only picture I got. The fawn with this doe was off to the right side, and with a vehicle coming up behind me I had to move on, and didn't get a shot of it..


This funny looking tree always catches my eye.



Early morning fog streaming through the trees in our front yard.

I found this American Toad on the driveway this afternoon. I have no idea where he was going...


We're in store for a few nice days. I can't believe it. Take care all.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

all of those are great photos! love the groundhog, and your marigolds are beautiful. interesting tree.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your flowers look wonderful.Mine are suffering because of all the rain.I love the fog shot,it is gorgeous.

Kristine said...

Great photos! I'd never seen groundhogs until I moved to VA. They seem smarter than most of the rest of wildlife--they are still alive on the roadsides, happily munching grass.

Gorgeous morning fog shot. How fabulous to be blessed by that, or similar sights, every day!

Great use of the old bbq!

Margaret Cloud said...

They say there is a use for everything (bbq). Nice pictures, wondering if the doe was wounded, looks like blood or bad wound.

BNS said...

Love the fog shot, Becky. Moody -- in the right way.