WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

I have been lucky this Spring to have several pairs of Purple Finches in my yard. They have such a beautiful color, and a wonderful song.
Happy World Bird Wednesday, and do click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.






13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they're brilliant. we get the house finches here, but have never seen a purple. lovely.

Carletta said...

He really stands out against that green background. Nice shot Becky!
I've seen one at my feeder but only now and then. You are lucky to see them. I love their color.

Fotokarusellen said...

A very beautiful bird. Love the light and composition in these images. Great work.

holdingmoments said...

Such a rich colour. A real beauty. They must brighten up the dullest days ;-)

MaineBirder said...

Beautiful captures of the Purple Finch! Like your header pic too.

Jan n Jer said...

Such a pretty little visitor. Lucky You!

Sondra said...

WOW that one is really PINK--beautiful!!

mick said...

A beautiful color on the bird - even if I have to stretch my imagination to see 'purple'.

theconstantwalker said...

A lovely little bird...so colourful.

Springman said...

Lovely yard bird photos Becky and the new header photo is tremendous!

eileeninmd said...

They are beautiful birds, I love the raspberry color. Great shots.

Unknown said...

Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Pat said...

Beautiful little birds! Quite a bit more color than our House Finches.