WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy, Busy Day

Good Morning all. I apologize if I didn't get around to all my favorite blogs yesterday. It was a crazy day. We had a house/ barn burning early in the morning. I take photos for the fire department that they use for training. After lunch we worked some on straightening up the barn getting ready for the new goats and chickens. The small Banty chickens won't be able to bunk with my bigger ones because of their size, so we need to build a special home for them in the barn. Then our son and daughter-in-law came over to work on our wood. Remember, she is the one that likes to split wood with a big maul. They'll be back today to work on it again. They will split, Gary will be driving the tractor with a bucket on the front to carry wood to the shed, and I'll be watching the girls and fixing meals. It has become a yearly tradition I guess.
This was yesterday morning when all of a sudden this heavy fog rolled in. More fog on my morning walk.
Plenty of frosty foliage around. These Asters looked like they were dipped in salt.
In our son and daughter-in-law's front yard you can see where the sun had melted the frost in between the trees.
This is the barn just as it was set on fire. There were 3 fire companies there to keep an eye on things. By this time the house had already been burned. These buildings were old, and not used any more. The owners probably will plow up the ground after everything is cleaned up, and use it for crops. I took 180 pictures.
Almost ready to collapse.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Seems a shame to burn a nice old barn....looks better then it probably is....but I'm glad they are able to use things like that for training. The firefighters here just had some sort of competition set up downtown and we saw guys running up and down towers and such with full loads in full gear in the heat...groan! Firefighters are tough guys, for sure! Nice frost and mist shots! We don't have frost yet, but it will be soon.

me ann my camera said...

Fires can be so destructive but so fascinating when it is a controlled burning. I like the sounds of your traditions of getting in wood and preparing for winter. Family traditions of working together are so rewarding and worthwhile. Enjoy.

Cicero Sings said...

How interesting to get in on a control burn like that!