On Thursday we took a ride to the Paschke Mum farm on the Lake Erie shore line. I have lots of pictures, so I'll get right to it, and try not to talk too much.
This is a shot coming down the hill into North East, Pa. You can see some grapes in the foreground, and the lake in the background.
Arriving at the Mum farm, this is a shot of the front.
Everywhere you look there is beautiful color.
Out back of the store, there are fields of Mums that you can dig yourself if you want to. They are cheaper too.
Another view of the fields. I can imagine the color from a passing airplane. The ones that land at Erie International Airport fly low over this area during their approach. In the background you can see some of their many apple trees.
Inside the "greenhouse" you can take your pick from many different kinds. They are all so beautiful it's difficult to make a choice. ( I ended up with 3 !). There is also lots of Indian corn hanging on the walls to choose from too.
Toward the other end of the store are lots of grapes for sale, along with flavored syrups, flower arrangements, flags, apple butter, pickles, jams, and jellies.
Lots of apples for sale too. The smell throughout the store is wonderful. They even sell homemade pies.
Outside there are plenty of pumpkins.
Another display out near the road.
You can walk on a self guided tour of the Mum fields.
Lots of yummy winter squash to pick from.
All loaded up, we set off for home always taking the back roads. We saw this large herd of Black Angus cattle.
About 5 miles down the road are these Charolais ( pronounced Char-lay) cattle. I've posted them before, but I like the way they look, and they are always near to road, so taking pictures is easier.
I apologize again for not visiting too many blogs yesterday. We were busy all day working in the barn, getting ready for the goats and chickens on Thursday. Today we'll finish up the wood, so I may be absent today too.Have a wonderful Saturday.
4 comments:
Wonderful photos of this farm...so many mums! I intend to catch up with the rest of your posts later today. I've missed visiting all of my favorite blogs, but our hosts in Iowa kept us busy running around all day and playing euchre at night. Nice to get back to routine at home and relax :-)
Beautiful!Looks like the Mums would be difficult to choose from,all so lovely.The garden store sounds like a most delightful place.Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Seeing all those beautiful colorful mums are amazing! WOW.... I really had no idea they even came in that many colors. What a beautiful post!!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat
Wow, this looks, and sounds, wonderful! I especially love the pumpkin pictures, I must remember to get some for pies and other delicacies this year:) It's not often we see a lot of pumpkins growing in Sweden, but I vaguely recall seeing a patch last autumn, hopefully they grow some this year too. They make such lovely pictures too.
Post a Comment