On a fallen branch is this neat lichen.
I think these are Spiny Puffballs. I have a book on Mushrooms, but my word there are so many. These are growing under one of the Blue Spruce trees.
This pine cone has yet to open. You can tell we have no squirrels around because we have loads of pine cones still on the trees.
Red berries from the Hawthorne tree.
More red berries and this time they grow on the weedy Nightshade, Solanum dulcamara, which the book says is actually a member of the potato family. You learn something new every day!
A couple more pine cones still in the tree and unopened.
More lichen on a fallen tree branch. We've had plenty of rain, and you can find these everywhere. I have more to post tomorrow. I didn't realize how beautiful they really are until you view them up close.
Water droplets on a blade of grass.
Gary calls this Bird Lunch. We still have some of the red Delicious apples in the tree , and the birds love them.
That's all for today folks. The weather is deteriorating, and has dropped 4º in the past hour from 42º to 38º. The weather people say snow and possibly lake effect snow coming our way. We live smack dab in the middle of the snow belt off Lake Erie, so we can always expect something. Have a wonderful day, and do keep your camera handy...
7 comments:
Becky, This is a wonderful post, as are they all. Your photos are great and I appreciate that you "hit the books" and tell your readers what we're seeing. Hope you enjoy the coming snow!
Becky, nice photos for a rainy day. Looks like those water droplets just sat there and posed for you. It's cold, but sunny here this morning. That can change quickly though.
I love all the pictures.The water droplets look like my kind of photography.Your site is always so full of great pictures and interesting tidbits.Love the new header,great collage of leaves.
These are all super! That first lichen looks like something that ought to be in the sea. I love puffballs...have you ever eaten any? I think they are edible. I didn't know that squirrels liked pinecones. The water droplets...wow! neat shot! Love the "bird lunch" LOL!
I see you found a few lichens in your neck of the woods. They are fascinating aren't they? So many interesting things in our own back yards!
Some pretty nice nature photos you have displayed.
It is cold here as well. Snow has fallen last night but the wind has blown it all around and I'm not sure where it has settled!
The mountains are getting some snow tonight. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it... I do so much walking still.
Take care...
~Michele~
I would like to have been with you on that walk -- with my camera. ;-}
Post a Comment