WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Morning. It's another frosty start with the temp. at 31º. In store is another beautiful day. As promised here are more pictures I took that same day when I strolled down to the creek.
There are a few of these yellow Sulphur butterflies still around.
A leaf on it's way to Pittsburgh.
This tiny, tiny mushroom was right in the middle of the trail, and I nearly stepped on it. At only 1/2" high it wasn't easy to see.
The beaver dam is partly washed away by some high water we had a couple weeks ago, and the beavers haven't repaired it yet.
This is the wild Cucumber pod. I had posted one earlier in the spring, and wanted to show them again after they dry. They hang from trailing vines along the trees and shrubs like a string of Christmas lights.
This dried pod is next to one of the seeds that are about the same size as a watermelon seed.
Here is a shot from the bottom to show how they open up to drop their seeds to the ground.
The back side of the woodshed is full YEA ! We will be finishing up all the rest of the wood this week-end, thanks to the help of our son and daughter-in-law.
Some Sumac leaves that haven't turned red yet.
You all have a wonderful day, and remember to get out there and take at least one picture.
Stop back tomorrow, and I'll take you on a tour of a Mum farm we visited yesterday.


2 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow,your pictures and commentary are most interesting.I thought that I didn't want to add any more blogs to my daily list,but yours is a must see.Thanks

Cicero Sings said...

Those cucumber pods are most interesting. The wood looks so nice, so neatly stacked.