WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, October 6, 2008

Good Morning all. It's 42º here and the skies are cloudy. I see on the radar there is rain not too far away, so we might get wet today. Another busy day yesterday . In the afternoon the "kids" were over to help stack our wood in the shed. We also did some straightening in the barn. I had sub fixins', potato salad and chips for lunch, and we had pizza casserole for supper.
These pictures are from a trip we took last Fall to the Amish country about 50 miles from home. This first shot is looking down the road that leads to all the Amish farms. Horse drawn machinery.
Horse drawn hay rake.
It was on a Monday, and you can see the clothes hanging out on the line.
Some pretty leaves lining the dirt road.
More pretty leaves.
As we were driving home, we spotted these 2 boys ahead of us, so I can title this "The End". This buggy has an open box in the back for carrying groceries or people. You can see the iron steps right in front of the hazzard triangle sign.
Have a wonderful day, and get out there and take at least 1 picture .

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sometimes that simple life looks very appealing. Nice fall color already. Ours is slow. How do you make pizza casserole? Sounds good!

Becky said...

Pizza casserole:
Cook up how ever much pasta you want. I seem to use a different one each time, and now we are eating whole wheat pasta. Drain, add spaghetti sauce ( I usually use Prego, and I always make enough for leftovers, so I use an entire jar). Then I add a handfull of sliced pepperoni. Heat and when serving add lots of grated Mozerella cheese on top of each serving. We love it, and it's just so easy.

Becky said...

Mary;
I forgot to mention you can also put this entire dish in a casserole, and heat it on low to eat later, or to take to a picnic etc.