WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This decoration is in my front bay window. I took a walk on our trails this afternoon, and there is this one tree that has this fuzzy white vine growing all over it, and I have no idea what it is, but I think it's pretty.
I put peanuts out on my feeders today, and it did bring the Blue jays. This guy was high up in the tree, but still keeping an eye on me.

We drove back to that dirt road where we saw the Bittersweet a couple days ago. There were actually some pretty leaves to see even though the area got around 7" of snow that day. PS, I got myself some Bittersweet too, and found 2 more vines with plenty of berries. I'll remember this for next year. I used them in my arrangement in the bay window around the base of the big pumpkin.


Indian summer is here. It will be much warmer today, and we will be enjoying it. Maybe out for a walk on the Nature Preserve one more time before the BIG snows hit. Have a wonderful and safe Halloween.

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the pictures with snow and the fall colors.Those Bittersweet vines are so pretty.

dot said...

Strange looking vine for sure. Ruth is calling it a bittersweet vine so I'll have to look that up.

Mary said...

Your Halloween decorations are so beautiful! That vine in the woods with the fuzzy seeds is really something! I'm glad you only have a light snow so far.

Pia K said...

Lovely photos with the sun, the snow and all the autumnal leaves still there! Have a good weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! How distressing to see the white stuff already. We just had a few flakes in the air the other day, but nothing to stick. Today was beautiful after a 29 degree start. I too love your bittersweet.

EG CameraGirl said...

Becky,
The fuzzy vine looks to me to be virgins bower, a native clematis.

I really like the arrangement you have in your window.