WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Good Morning all. It's 52º here and it looks like a nice day in store.
On a recent frosty morning we are cozy with a fire in the wood stove. Our woodshed is about 2/3 full. Yesterday we stacked all the spilt wood, and then in the afternoon our daughter-in-law came over to split more.
This is some of the wood that is left to process.
"Sidewalk Superintendent" Maggie Mae.
We had to run into town yesterday, and took a back dirt road on the way home. We drove by this old abandoned farmhouse, and in the field next to the barn I heard a honking. Here was this lone goose, and it was walking toward the van.
I remember in past years, when there were people in the house, as you drove by, there was always a flock of geese that were in the road, and they would challenge the vehicle. Now that no-one is there, I'm wondering where this guy came from, and how he will survive the winter alone? He seems pretty plump, but I might be concerned...
Up the road farther, is this neat swamp. We have stopped here for pictures before, and you never know what you might see.

I had the window down, when all of a sudden this Dragonfly landed on the windowsill, and posed nicely.
I took lots more pictures on this day, and I'll post them tomorrow. Have a great day, and get out there and take at least one photo..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day we had! I was stuck inside most of the day, so enjoyed your photos of the outside world.

me ann my camera said...

I remember when young and living at home all the wood that needed to be cut and stacked for winter. Then once we started burning it, the filling of the woodbox was a necessary chore each day. Your wood looks really great. But then, there is the thought that another winter season is just ahead.

Anonymous said...

Your woods are so pretty, and I love your Maggie Mae.

P.S. The photo in your header is superb.

EG CameraGirl said...

Look at all that firewood!

I LOVE the swamp photos. I feel the need to find a swamp of my own to see what I might find. ;-)