WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My, oh my what a busy day we had. First we had to run to the store to get food for the gang. On the way back we took a back road and I got some shots of the trees This coming week will probably be the peak viewing for this area.





Tauqua at his best! Doing what he loves. Lying near the back door so he can watch anyone coming or going. This is the "new" home for my Bantam ( Banty) chickens. They are too small to go in with my larger ones, so we made a cozy home for them in the barn. That board ramp still has to have steps put on it so they can walk up to the nests. It's an old rabbit pen, and I'll put their nests in there to keep them off the floor.
Working in the barn I discovered this perfect heart knot on a corner wood post.
This stall is next to the chickens and was full of hay till yesterday when we re stacked it in another location. We don't have a big barn, and never had cattle. I just had donkeys, goats, llamas, and a pony, but that was a few years ago. Yesterday with Steve's help, we rearranged the entire barn, moved the antique tractors, and ended up with lots of room.
Our wood is also all done. What a wonderful feeling. Now it can snow! Oh no did I say that. The "kids" were over early in the morning, and with them operating the splitter, Gary and I stacked it in the shed.
By the end of the day we were pooped, and a bit achy!
Today we'll rest!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Don't you dare mention the "S" word! We don't even have our fall color yet! Yours is beautiful and I can see why people drive east to see the fall color at it's best. Love the heart on the post! You've really been working hard. Look forward to seeing your new chickens and goats.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful color.I am wondering where the road leads to,makes me want to find out.

Cicero Sings said...

Great colours!

The bantams should be nice and cozy in their new home!

Yea for the wood being done. A great feeling.