WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catch Up

Playing catch-up I guess. This was almost at dusk. There is so many deer out and about. Driving by the carcass that we've been watching all winter, a new diner. This Vulture wasn't about to leave either, but he did hop up to this tree. It's amazing something so ugly is so graceful in the air.
I have a pair of Titmice visiting my feeder every day.

The other day we were watching this little Red Squirrel run up and down this telephone pole. He had something in his mouth and was chattering all the time. No other squirrels in sight. Maybe he was scolding us.
Another shot at the beach. No picnickers on this day.
The first Dandelion I've seen, growing next to the house. Also the "Peepers" were singing the other night down on our pond when it was warm. There is an old saying that they must be frozen over 3 times before warmer weather sets in.
This is my Polish hen "Frizzie". Sometimes she can't see so well, and will get a "feather" cut.
Afternoon moon and a jet on a beautiful day.
These Crocuses don't know what's coming. Something "white" they say.
On the creek trail the wild Onions are ready. They smell SOOO good!
Of course the Coltsfoot is in bloom as early as ever.
I hope everyone has a good rest of the week-end. The weather folks are predicting snow for Monday and Tuesday, and BASEBALL SEASON will be underway Monday! Go Yankees!! !!

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

The vulture and hen are strange looking to me Michelle. :) Ours look so different.

jan m said...

I heard about the snow Becky, and I'm not happy.
Things are coming to life around here at a good pace, but I haven't seen a dandelion yet. I know they're there!

Cicero Sings said...

Isn't your Frizzie just the looker! LOL. I can see she would need a feather cut every now and again.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

With all those flowers already in bloom I sure hope the frost stays away.Even the Dandelion is pretty as long as they don't take over the lawn.
Blessings,Ruth

Jan said...

Wonderful post and photos. Love 'em. At our house we say Go Dodgers, can't wait. We go to a lot of minor league games, because it's baseball and much closer.

Mary said...

You can sure tell spring is here when the blogs are suddenly full of such variety and color :-) Great turkey vulture shot! Love the white fancy chicken....didn't know they got feather cuts :-) I'd say your ponds should have frozen more then 3 times by now! Glad to see spring is finding you at last. Tell that weatherman to keep his snow! Maybe he'll be wrong.

BNS said...

I must say, Frizzie's "do" is really something!!