WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Red Breasted Grosbeak paid us a visit yesterday. And he brought along the Mrs.
Look at who showed up today.
Food fight!



I can't believe this Great Blue Heron stood still. This was just up the road from our home on French Creek.
He was fishing.

Eventually he did take off.
Tuesday we found a really nice trail to walk in Meadville, Pennsylvania. There were many benches to rest on.
A nice stream to sit by.
Even a beautiful covered bridge on the trail.

Wild Strawberry blossoms.
We only walked a short distance as we were on our way South and had about an hour to drive yet, but we'll be back to this trail later.

9 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh gosh!! I love all of these Becky!! That bench was put there just for me. :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lots of action at your place.That walking path looks interesting.
Blessings,Ruth

Cindy said...

Great photos. Those birds are beautiful. I just posted a photo of what I think is a Great Blue Heron on my site. If you get a chance take a look.

I enjoyed my visit. Great blog.

Cindy

Cindy said...

Becky and Gary, thanks for the visit and the nice comments. Come back anytime.

Cindy

Mary said...

A terrific group of photos! I love the rosies and orioles and that heron is beautiful. Love the bench and bridge....would like to sit there.

Jan said...

Becky, great photos. I've never seen a Red Breasted Grosbeak, how beautiful.

Margaret Cloud said...

I like all your pictures and I got an idea from you were to put my oranges, I usually nail them to a tree. Very nice post and interesting. Have a nice weekend. I would like to mention that I like your walking trail.

jan m said...

I'm really jealous about the grosbeaks and the oriole Becky! Those are nice photos of the heron.
Cool and rainy here today. I hope things improve for the weekend.

Cicero Sings said...

What's in that pyrex container on/in the bird feeder?

Lovely covered bridge!

As for raw dog food, the person who probably spear headed the whole thing is a Dr. Ian Billinghurst ... a vet from Australia. You can check out his website for more info regarding the raw diet if you are interested. I've read his books ... my breeder lent them to me.