Oh, what a busy day it was. Our daughter-in-law came over and together we ( with the help of course of the granddaughters and their friend) shucked, blanched, cut off the cob, and bagged 25 quart bags of corn.
Tomorrow our son is taking the day off and we'll all go to Deer Park, and wildlife park about 50 miles from here. We'll take a picnic, and hopefully keep the rain away.
I didn't get much time for pictures today, so these are from earlier in the week.
We stopped on Chautauqua Lake for lunch and I just had to take images of these cute ducks.
Here is the view across the
lake of the homes on the opposite side.

At first they were resting on the grass. Actually there were lots more, but someone was feeding them.

All of a sudden a few wandered over to our van. A sign says"Please do NOT Feed the Ducks"
, but these ducks can't read LOL. They are such beggers you know.

A young one tastes some weeds.

Then another joins the first one.


A stretch.

I just never get enough of this color on the Thistles.

Later a Red Tailed Hawk took off from a telegraph pole as soon as I stopped the van.

That's all folks. The baseball game is on, and I hope I can stay awake till it's over. Yawn--
zzzzzzzz.
4 comments:
I think that after all the hard work you have been dong, you deserve a day off so go and enjoy it.
That butterfly is stunning Becky!!
That corn sounds good. We were going to try freezing some this year, but haven't done it. I need to find out if the Silver Queen is still producing...our favorite. Cute ducks! They can be so bad about begging once people start feeding them. Sometimes I feel guilty for being the only one who doesn't feed them :-) Beautiful thistle!
Very interesting pictures.Whenever we go to the park where the ducks are,I keep on taking more pictures.It seems I never get enough.
Blessings,Ruth
These are very nice pictures of the duck's, that lake looked pretty choppy.
Post a Comment