WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Skywatch Friday

We've had plenty of these threatening clouds lately, but very little rain. There was a large flock of Turkey Vultures circling above too looking for a meal. If you look closely, you can see a partial halo around the sun.
Happy Skywatch Friday, and thanks to all who help with this meme. Click on http://skyley.blogspot.com/ to see more sky shots.

14 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

What an interesting picture ... the colours, the birds!

Jim said...

Terrific purple sky.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I love this picture.The clouds,the color and the Vultures.It all makes for one beautiful shot.
Blessings,Ruth

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

are they birds???

wow

congrats
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/08/sweden-x-scotland-3x0/

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my Becky, that is a spectacular shot!! Really love it and the frog too. :)

Michele said...

That's pretty! We've had so many thunderstorms here but a lot of rain with them as well. I am still amazed that so many forest fires still burn the mountains of BC. It's been one active summer, that's for sure!

tinyskillet said...

That is so cool, nice shot! I love how the sky is almost purple. Yesterday I saw 4 Vultures sitting on a street light post that was hanging out over the road. I wish I had my camera, but then I was driving!

Here's my stormy Sky Watch:
http://aquasunday.blogspot.com

I like your space here!

Janneke said...

What a beautiful photo.

Tone said...

Really gerat colors in the skies! And the birds really do the picture:) Great pic!

wenn said...

so dramatic!

Margaret Cloud said...

I guess the humidity and heat is getting to me. I read both your post and commented on the other one about your sky photos.

Arija said...

That is a wonderful photo. It would make a great illustration for a halloween story.

JO said...

awesome! amazing!

~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

Mary said...

That's a cool shot! I wondered what birds those were way up there! Lovely!