WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Macro Monday

On our trails are many of these tree/shrubs with blue berries. I love the color of them and I have no idea what they are. The birds don't seem to eat them, and they are white to begin with, and about the size of a pea. Hopefully somebody will help me ID them.
happy Macro Monday, and click on http://lisaschaos.com/ to see lots more closeups.






14 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

No idea what they are,but they sure make a pretty picture.
Blessings,Ruth

Joanne Olivieri said...

First, these are very cool shots. Love the composition. I don't know. They are not blueberries. The fact that the birds don't eat them kind of stumps me. Whatever they are, they make for a beautiful macro shot.

Tammie Lee said...

wow, they are wonderful. I wonder what they are too. We have lots of berries in the wilds, but I have not noticed these.

margie said...

fabulous colour of blue.

Christina, Sweden said...

Lovely blue berries, look like very small apples put together. Never seen such before

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

An interesting one Becky. Their shape is a bit like crabapples isn't it? We dont have them here so I will check back later to see if someone has come up with the name.

Hootin Anni said...

Whatever they are, they're a beautiful shade of rich purple!! At first I thought it was some kind of juniper berry...but I don't think they're on evergreens?!!

What are they....I sure hope you find out!

A link to My Macro Photo

Hope to see you visit me ...have a glorious Monday.

Jan n Jer said...

I have seen these but have no clue as to what they are. Perhaps they are poisonus and that is why the birds stay away from them. They do make for a colorful photo.

Jan said...

I have no idea on these; but if the birds won't eat them, they may be poisonous.

Margaret Cloud said...

Very pretty berries, but don't know what they are. They seem to grow like grapes and look like little apples.

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't believe I have ever seen these before!

Cicero Sings said...

The fruit looks like a baneberry but the colour is wrong. Bane berries are red and they are poisonous. But these are purple, purple, purple ... lovely purple.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum...and love that deep purple!

Mary said...

Interesting...they look like blue crab apples. Hope you find out what they are. Maybe they will be eaten when they are older and softer.