WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I was fortunate the other day to sneak up on this Belted Kingfisher while he was hunting, and he never saw me. A rare treat!
Also about the same time down on the creek I saw this juvenile Spotted Sandpiper, bobbing up and down as it walked among the stones.



White Clover is everywhere in or yard, where it really attracts the bees.

We have lots of these little white moths( I think it's a moth) .

Another moth was being harassed by more bees.


I surely don't know what happened to this Cardinal, maybe moulting ? Anyway she doesn't look too good.
Another hot and humid one folks. Maybe a break coming later tomorrow. So far no rain either.

4 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the kingfishers and it is always nice to see pics of them.

Cicero Sings said...

What a catch ... to get so close to a belted kingfisher!

That cardinal does look terrible.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great photo opportunity on that KIngfisher.I like the moth pictures.I am having a hard time getting a good picture of these..I think the Cardinal needs some therapy.LOL
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Wow...you got some great shots of the Kingfisher and the Sandpiper! I like that white moth...haven't seen any of those. That Cardinal looks about the way that I feel in this heat! LOL