WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Such a Busy day

Yes, what a busy day. Early this morning we gathered up all our plastic and took off for the recycling center. When we got back home I went over to the "kids" house and picked all the ripe tomatoes. Some of ours aren't ready yet, and I think we'll have enough that we won't have to buy any. Here is the first batch, and I got 8 quarts. I was mowing on the creek trail this afternoon, and spotted a first year Green Heron. Of course he flew away, but when I finished with the grass, I grabbed my camera and went back down. There he was fishing and I was lucky to get a few pictures before he flew off again.




Visiting a friend this afternoon and what a gorgeous garden she has. This is a beautiful bunch of Phlox.

I have a flock of juvenile Bluejays, and this guy looks like he's been playing in a mud puddle. LOL


Also in my friend's garden is this Black Swallowtail Butterfly. His wings were really tattered, and the poor thing was really flapping to keep going.

On her Butterfly bush was this Great Spangled Fritillary Butterfly.

Another busy day tomorrow too. Bill paying, grocery day, picking up critter food, and more stacking of the wood.
Hope you all have a great one.

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Do you prepare and freeze the tomatoes Becky?

Those heron shots are wonderful. I do like the heron family as they are such interesting birds.

Wildlife holidays said...

Great heron shots, i love watching herons as they hunt

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The pictures are lovely.I am glad to hear that inspite of the business you take the time to enjoy creation.Have a great day.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Wonderful heron, bluejay and butterfly shots! You did have a busy day and cooked, too!

Margaret Cloud said...

Another group of photos. The Blue Jay baby, I enjoyed all the pictures, you do a good job on taking pictures. I love summer tomatoes.