WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Guess what we're up to.
It's that time of year again and the logs are here. On this early foggy morning they are waiting! The older I get the less I like winter and although I do love the warm cozy feeling wood heat offers, I would just as soon have winter over with the day after Christmas.
Our son cuts all the logs into about 18" lengths, and our daughter-in-law splits a good deal of it by hand with a huge maul. She likes to do this for exercise and will be doing the same for her parents, and for themselves too. As soon as all the wood is cut we will then begin using our wood splitter.
This is some of the wood she has split. Before we quit for the day, the pile had doubled. Tomorrow Gary and I will start stacking it in the woodshed.
Friday we took a ride to check on a flock of Mute Swans about 30 miles from here on the Allegheny River. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch, and these ducks were in the parking lot begging for a treat. A duckling was standing right outside the door to the restaurant looking in through the glass, but I didn't have my camera with me.! It would have made such a cool picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love log fires - but the effort involved looks real hard work! I like the last photo of the web against that pretty tree.
I. Have a big stack of wood needing to be split. My brother-inlaw has a splurged and will come over when things cool down some to split it got me. Bit I'll have to stack it! Yes, exercise.
Your daughter-in-law must be some special woman.The sound of a crackling fire is beautiful and cozy,but I am not into the work that it takes to get there.
Blessings,Ruth
Good gosh, how long will all that wood last? I love a fire in the fireplace, but some winters are too warm to take advantage.
That'a a lot of wood! Good to have someone willing to split it for you. Love the ducks... we never have the camera when the best shots come along :-) Beautiful swans and the web, too!
Now that is some wood pile, oh, to be young again. Liked all you photos as usual.
Post a Comment