WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Macro Monday

Butterfly Bush.
A beautiful flower, and I really would have rather photographed it with a Butterfly happily sipping nectar, but I didn't see any today.


Thanks to Lisa for this meme, and you can click on over to her site http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close up shots.


9 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The color on this is so rich.This is beautiful all on it's own,but I do know that a butterfly would have been super on it.Maybe next time.
Blessings,Ruth

The Chair Speaks said...

Beautiful and vivid colours!

Kala said...

What a colorful shrub. And so useful as well!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I agree with Ruth, the flower is pretty enough on its own. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Isn't the name of this 'butterfly' bush? Oh ya, I see that you DID say it was. I love the colors.

AN OLD RUSTED LANTERN is my macro shot today. I hope you can find time to stop by for a visit. Have a great Monday.

Jay said...

It is beautiful! I planted one last autumn, just the same colour as yours. I was photographing hoverflies on it yesterday!

Mary said...

Wow..the color is so intense! I'm sure the butterflies love it, but they don't like to cooperate when we want their photo :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

The butterflies seem rare these days. I has a Great spangled fritillary on my Buddleia yesterday but it was not in good condition - it's wings were in tatters.

Margaret Cloud said...

Beautiful bush, I planted a butterfly tree a couple years ago and it grew and has lots of leaves, but, no flowers.