When you first enter Deer Park you come upon a large enclosure of Fallow deer. This is a beautiful doe. We all went there on Thursday and had a wonderful day with our "kids" and granddaughters.

One of the many buck rests, apparently with a full tummy because there were so many people feeding all of them.

This is a Bar-Headed goose.

This is a
Zedonk. Half Zebra, and half Donkey.

From high up on a wooden bridge we look down on
Mouflon sheep from Iran and Iraq.

There are always cute baby ducklings.

Along with some Guinea
keets. They are just so cute and mama keeps a close eye on them.

We were having a picnic lunch just outside the park and spotted these Amish eating lunch too. Look closely and you can spot their buggy, BUT no horse in sight.
Hummm? ?

More pictures to come from Deer Park.
Another busy day on the home front. Wood to stack, and tomatoes to can. I apologize for not getting around to your blogs as often as I like, but with Fall closing in on us, there is so much to do around here.
6 comments:
That first picture of the deer looks like a statue Becky. :) I love the little ducklings, it seems as if their bills are too big for their heads but they soon grow into them. :)
What a wonderful day out with the family and such a lot of interesting animals to see, I had never heard of any horse type specie interbreeding with a zebra so the Zebdonky was quite a surprise.
What a great place! The deer have such pretty coats. I agree with Joan...it does look like a statue! Adorable ducklings. I've never seen a Zedonk! Cool!
Interesting pictures.It almost looks like the Amish were trying to hide behind that tree.
Blessings,Ruth
That doe is so pretty. That is so different, a Zedonk, I have never seen one. Those baby ducklings look so soft.Enjoyed all the pictures.
That zebra/donkey combination was quite unusual!
Look at that plastic dish those Amish are using! Tsk, tsk. I guess they haven't heard how bad plastic is yet!
Post a Comment