WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Wet day!

Yesterday this was the sky when we went to get some groceries. In about half an hour it really came down. We just got back to the van in time. Wednesday morning we decided since it was another cloudy day it would be a good time to search for beach glass, and it was a good search. I got lots of really neat pieces. One of these days I'll take a shot of them.
Traveling along we saw this young red Fox cross the road. He had some red hair and some grey hair. Running too fast to get a good shot though.
While we were looking for the beach glass I spotted this Great Egret . Not seen too much in this area, it might be migrating. For some reason it didn't want me to see the front.




Plenty of Canada Geese resting.
A Great Blue Heron doing some preening.

These guys were quite far away, so if they aren't clear that's why.


Here is one looking rather grumpy.
We also came upon a small flock of Turkeys.

On the way home I just had to take a picture of this really dirty sheep.

Tomorrow might be raining again, so we are going to try working on an old chicken nest that needs some help so I can get myself more chickens.

7 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

A prolific day despite the weather. We've had a few beautiful, balmy fall days here these last few days.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

WOW!! That storm does look like a good one!! Love the herons too Becky.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Even rainy,cloudy skies give great pictures.

Janis said...

Great photos, it was a good day for taking photos. We are getting lots of rain here in S.central Pa. I am not complaining as we can really use it. Temps here will be falling and I think that will bring on the leaf colors a little early.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! You had a great day for seeing wildlife!

I would love to see your beach glass!

me ann my camera said...

You had some wonderful large bird encounters, egrets, geese, herons, turkeys, wow... that would make a wonderful full day for me. Ann

Mary said...

Wow...lots more good stuff! How neat to catch the fox shot. I wouldn't have even gotten my camera turned on. Love the egrets! Perfect shots. And the heron and the turkeys and the sheep! Great!