WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday

These first 2 pictures I took early this morning just at sunrise. This is a great time to look for sun dogs.
I've had lots of everyday birds, and a juvenile male House Finch checks out below for any cats.

A trio of female Goldfinches. I see the males are loosing their beautiful yellow color too. You know what that means...


Sorry, but that's all folks. We are leaving early Sunday morning for down state Pennsylvania and a few days of train watching. I'll be posting from there.

7 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Sunrise is beautiful, so are the Goldfinches.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Gorgeous sunrise pictures.I also really like the trio of Goldfinches. Happy train watching.
Blessings,Ruth

jan m said...

I noticed a sundog yesterday too, Becky, late afternoon.
I've had many more goldfinches this past week, than I usually do.
Have fun on your getaway. Sounds fun!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Those goldfinches are so sweet. I am never up at sunrise but if I could get shots like this, I'd certainly set my alarm clock. Gorgeous.

Cicero Sings said...

No sun dogs here of late.

Enjoy your trip. We took the train across Canada for our honeymoon and enjoyed it thoroughly. Came back through the northern U.S.

Mary said...

Lovely bird shots! Enjoy your train watching :-)

Margaret Cloud said...

Like your sunrise and the Goldfinches. It is sad to see the males turn color.