WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day and Beyond

Just a few of the Labor Day fireworks at the local fire dept. festivities.








Out on the trail I was searching for Monarch caterpillars, and look what I found instead. They weren't excatly happy either. No caterpillars yet!



Wild Aster flower.


The wild Cucumber are slowly growing.

A small flock of Wood ducks swims toward the evening sunlight.


This Fritillary butterfly had some tattered wings, and was having trouble hanging on to this Thistle flower in all the wind we've been having.


Another cute juvenile female Mallard duck.


Tomorrow, Thursday we are venturing into Erie in hopes to see the entrance of the Tall Ships.
There will be 8 in all and i hope to get some good images of them in full sail.

4 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my!! You captured the fireworks so brilliantly Becky!! Hope you get pictures of the ships.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amazing fireworks shots.I need more practice on these.
I am looking forward to your pictures of the tall ships.I think they are quite spectacular.
Blessings,ruth

Mary said...

Wow...I've never figured out how to get good fireworks photos. These are really spectactular! Love that mallard photo...she is really pretty looking. We have a whole flock of young mallards hanging around the wetlands, but they don't pose nicely for me :-)

Margaret Cloud said...

Your pictures are so pretty. The fire works look like flowers. That is a great shot of the female Mallard duck. I miss seeing mine come for corn.