WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Skywatch Friday- Tall Ships

Thursday was the beginning of the Tall Ships Festival in Erie, Penna. 6 of the 8 expected ships arrived at 5PM. We were there waiting in the cool weather and high winds for 6 hours. Didn't want to miss it. There were over 5000 people lined up on the 2 big long cement piers, all waiting with cameras in hand. I should have guessed something was up when I saw so many folks with coolers, food, blankets, and winter clothes. We dressed warm enough, but I miss judged the time we'd be there. It also took us over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot! It was all worth it. I took 123 pictures!
Happy Skywatch Friday. The sky Thursday was heavy with big dark clouds, but only an occasional sprinkle.
Click on over to http://skyley.blogspot.com/ to see lots more sky shots.






The Unicorn has an all female crew..








11 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These are majestic sailing vessels.They just look a whole lot more impressive than todays sleek ships.
Blessings,Ruth

lotusleaf said...

Beautiful ships. Thanks for sharing.

Jim said...

I love tall ships.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Megan, Life Revamped said...

that is so grand!



Please come and visit if you have some time! Happy weekend :)

Find me here : Metropolis


xoxo,
fickle

(now a follower)

BraCom (Bram) said...

Beautiful SkyWatch photos, thanks for sharing
Wonderful ships and photos, I love these kind of photos

Happy SWF! Have a nice and wonderful weekend,

Regards, Bram

My SkyWatch on WordPress

Seen on Sky Watch Friday, Season 4, Episode 9

Cicero Sings said...

Oh my but you are patient. I can't take crowds like that at all. But you did get some fantastic shots!

Halcyon said...

I love the old tall ships. You got some really good shots of them.

Happy Friday!

Mary said...

These are so great! Tall ships just have such a romantic air about them and look so wonderful. You got wonderful photos.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW - You got some FABULOUS shots!!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What stunning beauties these are Becky!! I would love to go sailing on one of them for a couple of years. I had to smile at home many shots you took as I think I would have done the same. :)

Margaret Cloud said...

These ships are worth waiting to view and your pictures are outstanding, like them all. I always sit on the big stones to see them when they are scheduled to be here. Thank you for coming by.