WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 3 Mini Vacation

These are the Pigeons on the roof of the 100+ year old theater next to our B&B. They roost there all day and at times all take off flying in uniform to who knows where. Suddenly they all return back to the roof top.
In this shot you can see to the right before the last Pigeon a Monarch butterfly. We have seen so many all flying Southwest, despite the strong winds we have had the last few days.

A chirping Cricket surely announces Fall!


On one of our trips today I caught the Amtrak passenger train heading East.

This shows the tail lights as it rounds the curve.


Well, we head home on Wednesday. It has been a fun trip, but time to head home.

3 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I rode on the Amtrak when I was in Chicago one time. It is so different to our old trains here.

I can imagine the amount of poo there must be on that roof where the pigeons are. They sure do make a mess!!

Mary said...

Looks like you are having a good time! I like seeing pigeons. They can be so colorful. Like that last train shot!

Margaret Cloud said...

I have never rode on a train, looks like fun. Speaking of fun, looks like you are having some. Monarch butterfly's are heading south for the winter.