WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Macro Monday

I just had to take one more picture of Chicory because in the next couple of days, we are predicted a frost :~(
If that happens, no doubt all the wild flowers will be gone.
I love the center of this blossom. It looks like little blue candles.
Happy Macro Monday. Click on http://lisaschaos.com/ to see what Lisa has done with this cool meme.




10 comments:

Kala said...

They do look like tiny candles! Beautiful macros, thank you for sharing.

joco said...

Hiya Becky,
I always enjoy seeing Chicory. Glad you caught it before the frost takes it. Have you ever used the roots?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Ubfortunately that is all that is neeeded to end summer, frost. :( Hard to believe another season has come and gone.

Kim, USA said...

Very beautiful wildflower and I like your macro shot too. Happy Monday!
Macro Monday

Cicero Sings said...

I love the colour of the chicory flower. That picture of the center turned out great.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous, so very gorgeous. I don't believe I've had the privilege of ever seeing it blooming. So this was a special treat for me.

Link to My Laurel Butterfly if you'd care to join me this fine day---

Have a super Monday!!!

Janis said...

Such a pretty little flower, never knew what Chicory looked like,thanks for sharing. I enjoy your blog and am your newest follower. I will be back!

Mary said...

Chicory is such a beautiful color...I love seeing it along the roads. Frost...not ready yet! We need a rainy season first.

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE the closeup of the chicory blossom. Excellent!

Margaret Cloud said...

That is a very pretty flower and it does look like candles in the center.