WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just Birds

It is April isn't it? Oh yes, I forgot we here in the East apparently aren't finished with winter just yet. It snowed all day, and dumped 3" of wet heavy snow on us. I had lots of birds stop by, and here are a few of them. Mr. and Mrs. Red-bellied Woodpecker here together. I really hope they stay and raise a family. I'd love to see baby woodpeckers.
This Goldfinch has some crooked toes.




Oops, this is no bird. So far, this guy hasn't left his calling card, but he had dug some big holes in the yard looking for grubs.

7 comments:

Arija said...

Love your skunk and all the birdies, a couple of them seem to have a case of mites on their feet. I do hope I am wrong.

Hilke Breder said...

Lovely bird shots! I particularly like the Tree Sparrow and the Red-bellied Woodpeckers.

Jan n Jer said...

Love all the bird pics...they could be put in a frame. Hope Mr. skunk has vacated your property!

Ryan Ankeny said...

Still snowing up there? Looks like you found a good way to beat the weather by photographing birds! Love the Tree Sparrow at the end.

TexWisGirl said...

Beautiful birds - and 'sweet' skunk visitor!

Ruth Hiebert said...

These birds are lucky to have found your feeders.Hope Mr.Skunk leaves without leaving a scent trail.

me ann my camera said...

What beautiful colours these birds have brought to your yard. The red of the woodpeckers is so handsome and the Goldfinch is lovely. We had one a few days ago. Isn't spring so wonderful and magical when such beauty comes calling at your place! Ann