WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A QUIET WEEK

By golly I think Spring is trying after all. I have some beautiful Crocus in my front yard .
We have been checking on a Bald Eagle nest not too far from home, and the nearby creek has flooded the low areas, so that it is a temporary home to many migrating ducks. Only problem is that they are all pretty far away. Here is a shot of two male Ring-necked ducks.
Lots of Buffleheads too.

Of course there are always Wood ducks lurking in the shadows.
Our groundhog friend still makes daily visits to the back yard too.

Have a great rest of the week-end everyone.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice pictures! I love that fat groundhog!!! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Crocus are lovely.Right now it seems that any little puddle on a field is a magnet for ducks.I just wish they were all close to the road,it would make our lives easier and the pictures better.Have a great day.

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely to see your spring flowers are arriving. Love the Groundhog.

Cicero Sings said...

Amazingly, I have crocus blooming too!

Heading for a walk soon. His little nibs needs his daily dose of ball chasing.

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice pictures, I love watching ducks swim and that groundhog is cute.