WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

World Bird Wednesday


Visiting a local Great Blue Heron rookery today, I wasn't disappointed. I thought maybe it was too early in the season,but there was lots of action. It was really windy making holding still pretty difficult. I'll keep an eye on the progress, and post more later.. Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more birds.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's awesome. as many herons and egrets as we get here on our pond, i've never seen one of their nests in person. :)

Jan n Jer said...

Wow...great shots!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics! Wow. I'm happy that I discovered your blog. Hopefully you won't hold it against me that I'm a Mets fan.

Arija said...

Looks like spring has really taken hold up your way. The birds are mating and your header is an absolute delight.

I watched a programme on Alzheimers last night and it was not a pretty picture that was painted. As we get older, it is harder to cope with all the extra work as well as loss of sleep and constant vigilance, Happy days . . .

mick said...

Nice photos. Even the birds look to be battling the wind!

holdingmoments said...

Great captures Becky.
Always lots of action at a Heronry.

EG CameraGirl said...

OH! I have never seen a heron rookery! This is sooo cool, Becky! And I LOVE the top photo.

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely images many thanks for sharing. Take care.

Mary said...

Wonderful! It always amazes me that these huge birds can fit in one nest and then have a nest full of babies, too.

Springman said...

Those are heavy duty nests. It looks like you were a long ways away from civilization! Won't it be beautiful when the green comes?

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Dear Becky and Gary, Thank you so much for your visits, your kind words, and your encouragement. I'm unable to blog regularly anymore and I miss the fun of visiting blogs every morning like I used to. It's wonderful to come here and see that you're still posting your beautiful nature photos. How exciting to be able to see a heron rookery. We have seen an egret rookery at one of our favorite places, but it's across the water on an island, so only see it at a distance. Fortunately, the egrets make their way over to the mainland, so we see a great number of them anyway. Best wishes and happy spring!!

FAB said...

Nice shots of the high rise nesting Becky.