WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

World Bird Wednesday


Some of my winter birds are still hanging around, and probably will stay the summer. Not much recognition is given to Mrs. Cardinal. This one posed so nicely for me.
There are plenty of House Finches still here too. Actually they slowly disappeared in the late winter months, but are now coming back.
Now there are plenty of Purple Finches showing up daily.
Happy World Bird Wednesday to everyone. Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more bird shots.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

have never seen a purple finch - nice to see it in comparison to the house finch! GREAT Mrs. Cardinal shots - I think they're so beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Little Ms Cardinal is a beauty. And I love the Purple Finches. Wonderful phoyos.

Martha Z said...

I think the female cardinal is lovely. She's not the show-off her mate is.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful series of colourful birds.

Carletta said...

I have the cardinals year round; but I'm still waiting for the finches to show up.
Nice captures Becky!

mick said...

Beautiful photos - especially the female cardinal.

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely images of beautiful little birds.

Pat said...

The female Cardinal is so pretty! I've never seen a Purple Finch - how different they are from the House Finch!

Springman said...

Crazy good stuff. You really caught the spirit of these little guys!

Pat Ulrich said...

lovely captures -- I really like the inquisitive look of the cardinal in that top shot!

Arija said...

You do have such a lot of spectacularly coloured little birds around you. Great captures, as always.

I hope the natives are quiet at your place. Since we got back, mine have already become restless.