WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

World Bird Wednesday




I was excited to see this Chipping Sparrow because there haven't been any here at my feeders in several years. It is such a cute little bird, and I can remember my grandmother feeding them when I was very young.


Happy World Bird Wednesday, and if you will click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ you can see lots more birds.











16 comments:

MaineBirder said...

Excellent captures of the Chipping Sparrow! Anxiously awaiting their return to Maine.

theconstantwalker said...

A beautiful little bird to see. Many thanks for sharing.

jocodeane said...

We used to think that Sparrows were ordinary. No longer the case. I wonder why their numbers dwindled so.

TexWisGirl said...

i love all the sparrows. such little cute energy bundles!

FAB said...

Very nice pics Becky.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Chipping Sparrows are so cute. I am waiting for them to show up here any day now.

Springman said...

Gorgeous shots Becky! Frame that second one and put it the wall!

mick said...

Lovely photos of a very cute little bird. We don't have anything like that around here.

Bill S. said...

These are always welcome little additions to my counts. I am just waiting for them to show up. I loved the pictures and the post.

Unknown said...

Great shots of a little beauty!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm not sure I ever seen one...but I am still such a novice when it comes to birding. :) I love the photos!

Pat said...

I just noticed these cute little ones at my feeder yesterday! You have captured them well.

Margaret Cloud said...

I am always happy to see these guys at my feeder, very nice pictures. Thank you for coming by.

Sondra said...

One my very favorite sparrows...I alway think of fresh cinnamon when I see that little rusty brown head!
GREAT Photos!

Amila said...

A long lost friend,right? A beautiful one too!

Mary said...

I think they are one of the sweetest looking little sparrows and so good natured. Mine just ignore me and go about eating on the driveway even when I am out there. Great shots of them!