WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mostly Yellow

I can't believe it, there has been so much yellow lately. A very welcome Spring color.

A flurry of Goldfinches has arrived, and they are so cute. This little female does quite a balancing act,





They're everywhere, they're everywhere.



Had a good train watching day too. The train traffic seems to be picking up a bit. That's a good thing.


Then of course the ever present Dandelion. Right now they are a welcome sight.




The poor Forsythia is getting rained on almost daily.




Up the road from home some beautiful single daffodils bloom along side a downed Beaver tree. These flowers came with some dirt a passerby dumped along side the road about 5 years ago, and every Spring they give us more and more blooms.



5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful.I love to see those naturalized Daffodils.

TexWisGirl said...

love those tiny goldfinches! such a welcome sight to see! love the dumped daffodils! :)

Jan n Jer said...

Love love the gold finches...I saw my first one a few days ago at my bird bath. I put out thistle for them all summer long. Great shots.

Cicero Sings said...

Lots of yellow in deed. I had a friend who didn't like yellow and wouldn't have a yellow flower in her garden. I am very partial to yellow and find it very cheery.

Mary said...

I love seeing the goldfinches in their summer color! So cheerful and mine are mixed with Indigo buntings right now. Colorful!