WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just Stuff

I was finally able to get down to the creek trail one afternoon and found the trail filled with dried mud, and lots of downed branches and small trees. The water has been so high so many times this Spring, we haven't even had time to m0w down there. Anyway this Grackle was thinking about taking a bath, but saw me and took off. Then a Green Heron flew down the creek and landed almost out of site.

I did see some deer feet prints in the mud. A neighbor saw a bear near our property a few days ago, and I'm always looking behind every tree now...

Our son plowing up some of his yard. The granddaughters want to raise pumpkins, LOTS of pumpkins to sell this fall.

On the upper trail this groundhog nibbles 0n some grass.


Our neighbors cow had this calf just before we drove by.

The temperature reached 92 deg. here today. I really don't like the hot weather, but it could always be worse. At least it's not snowing up a blizzard, and besides it dries my clothes in record time.


5 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Might be just stuff but it is interesting stuff!

I don't like hot weather either. Had a rainy, quite cool day yesterday, back to sun today though it started cool ... Muggy this evening.

Ruth Hiebert said...

THe walk yielded many lovely sights.The little calf is cute.

TexWisGirl said...

might as well look at the bright side of weather - can't do a thing about it - just hide inside in the A/C... :)

~mel said...

Our temps went from the 90's yesterday to the 40's this morning ~ talk about a change in weather! Thanks for sharing your stuff:)

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice picture and a nice variety. Loved the baby cow nursing. Good luck to your son on his pumpkin patch.