WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weeks end

This is the male Mute swan and dad to the little guy I posted in Weekend Reflections. He is very protective of his family and so proud. You just don't get too close either, or he will show you how protective he is. In my back yard at the feeders are some of the baby birds still begging food even though they are very able to feed themselves.

I have lots of pink poppies in bloom.



On the creek trail a pair of Mallard ducks on French Creek.


Just below the Mallards are a pair of Wood ducks. Actually when I spotted them they were all hanging out together. The Wood ducks are lots more spooky and took off as soon as they saw me.

Now I have two more Chipmunks swiping seed from the birds. Azrael will be watching I'm sure.





We have had some nice weather this week, and it's really easy to get used to.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those chipmunks just make me SMILE!!! SO cute!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

THe Mute Swan is a gorgeous biros,so regal.I love the pink poppies,too.

Mary said...

I LOVE the pink poppy! And that chipmunk is the cutest thing ever. Adorable.