![]() |
| On a recent ride to Avonia, Pennsylvania, close to Lake Erie. I just had to stop and take a picture of this old barn. I remember it from a long time ago, but unfortunately I can't find any info on it. I do remember some years ago it burned to the ground, possibly by arsonists, it was rebuilt and this is exactly how it used to look. There is a large nursery in the area, and I think they actually own the barn. On two sides is a mural painted, and advertises Koehler beer. Koehler beer is famous in Erie, Pennsylvania, and the history goes back into the 1800's.. The ornate brewery ( and it was a beautiful piece of architecture, in early modernism ) closed in 1978 and has been torn down and continues to be an empty lot. Anyway the lettering on the advertisement used to say Pour a Koehler Collar, and beneath the Koehler name is the word Beer. Sorry I got carried away... To see lots more barns, do chick on http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com |

17 comments:
I have only seen yellow barns here on Barn Charm. They are so interesting!
That's a different coloration for me. Nice one though. The advertisement makes it.
Wow looks like it is pretty well maintained. And I like the color too yellow!
Kim, USA
Pretty barn! I love the yellow and green color scheme and I always like seeing advertising barns.
Another yellow barn I thought I had found the only yellow barn. Awesome shots!
that's a pretty cute building - in green bay packer colors! :)
It's nice that it was re-built. Such an unusual color and the sign is great!
I told TexWisGirl I'd never seen a yellow barn before and really loved hers...now I've seen two! This is just great! And I love the advertisement.
Cool and unique barn.
i've never seen a yellow barn in person. too cool. i love your header shot ... those black eyed susans. gorgeous. (:
Soooo yellow...don't see too many barns that color!
No need to be sorry, that dude stands out... lots of pics needed! LoL!
Thanks for joining =)
I love advertising barn! They have such character. The colo9rs are suburb on this tone too!
We hardly see a yellow barn out here in the Midwest. Thanks for sharing.
Neat yellow barn. I've seen 2 or 3 but nothing like this vivid yellow. I like the advertising too.
How awful that someone torched the original! Yellow with green is unusual to me.
Nice! I like hearing the history. I'm pretty sure Koehler is one of the many German names around here. We have so many "K" German names it is hard to keep track! We have a strong German heritage in southern Indiana and I actually live in German Township :-)
Post a Comment