WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Fences


It's Friday and time for fences. This split rail fence is along the walking trail we visited in Mt. Jewett, Pennsylvania where you can view the remains of the Kinzua Viaduct. It at one time was the largest/ longest railroad viaduct in the world. In 2003 an F1 tornado destroyed a good part of the viaduct. Today the state has made a visitor center and restored what was left of this famous viaduct making it now possible to walk out to the end and view all the destruction . The mangled iron pieces that once were part of the viaduct remain in the valley below.  I will be posting lots more pictures on Sunday, so please come back. You won't be disappointed.
Have a great day, and do click on over to http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com to see lots more fences. 

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I want to walk along that path. It looks so inviting.

TexWisGirl said...

very nice.

Melissa Hopper said...

Hi there, I have nominated you for the Lieber blog award. Come on over and grab it and have fun!
http://dreamweaverswife.blogspot.com/2012/07/thank-you-for-thinking-of-me.html