WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday again and time for more birds. I haven't seen anything of interest lately, so here are a few from earlier this year.
This Cooper's hawk makes sure he comes by my feeders quite frequently during the winter. His favorite meal are the Mourning doves.
I also have a pair of these cute Titmice. They have a nest someplace nearby, but I haven't found it yet.

These two pictures were actually taken last winter.
I also have a pair of House wrens living in my Bluebird house. They made a nest earlier in an old gourd in my front yard, and I'm thinking this is the 2nd brood.
I'm wondering if this moth is a meal for the babies? It seems awfully big for those small mouths..
Happy Wednesday everyone, and click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

9 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

OH ..... YOUR Hawk is absolutely gorgeous!!
Great captures!

Pat said...

Lovely shots!

EG CameraGirl said...

The titmice truly are cuties! So far we don't have a cooper's hawk eating doves at my place but we do have a lonely house wren looking for a mate.

HansHB said...

So many nice photos. I like to see this!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. That looks like a big bite for a baby Wren,but I bet they will try it.

Unknown said...

Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Adam Jones said...

Nice hawk shot.

Mary said...

Oh,I love your titmouse and your wrens. That's a great catch...the wren and moth! Things here seem so boring right now. I really must find some birds to photograph. It's been a hard summer for them.

Stewart M said...

Nice set of birds - such a different challenge to get the hawk and the wren. Nice shots.

I thought I’d let you know that I stepped into the void caused by Springmans decision to close down World Bird Wednesday by setting up Wild Bird Wednesday (!) on my photoblog at Paying Ready Attention – Photo Gallery.

Feel free to visit and link.

Stewart M - Australia