WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, July 30, 2012

Barn Charm

It's time for barns again, and this week I think I've found a real charmer! We were driving on a back road not far from Lake Erie and I spotted this beauty. We don't see this kind of barn in our area, and I Googled it, but no luck. It's right in grape country, so I don't know if it was used for farming or not.
I took lots of pictures, and stayed quite a while just looking at it, and admiring the architecture. So many bricks..

The age is 1879, and this barn has held up very well, and maybe it's been sandblasted a time or two.

Looking at the big picture you can see more out buildings.
This most likely is the owners house, and looks it's age.
Happy Tuesday everyone, and if you click on over to http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com to see lots more barn shots.

22 comments:

Mari said...

It's a real charmer! Not only is it round, but it's brick. :)
I love the old house too.

Saun said...

love the round barn!

TexWisGirl said...

that is a GREAT barn! it would be a fine match to my house. :)

Brian King said...

Holy cow! That is one unique barn! I'd like to know what it's used for or was used for.

Melissa Hopper said...

Very Interesting. I would not have thought of it as a barn though.

Rose said...

I have seen and photographed round barns, but have yet to see an octagon. It is a beauty...sure wish I could see it in person.

Elaine said...

Delightful barn! I like the house, all nestled among the trees. I imagine when it was built they were very tiny, or not there at all.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a great barn ... such a great find. i love your header shot. love sunflowers. (:

Kathy said...

Very unusual architecture for that time period.

Tanya Breese said...

wow, love that!

Jan n Jer said...

Awesome barn...very rare find! Do you think it is being lived in? Looks so well kept!

debi said...

What a wonderful barn, and so well maintained for it's age. I'd love to know what the second story doors were used for.

Cicero Sings said...

Now that's a barn built to last! Very unique. It looks like they worried more for their barn things than themselves when you look at solidness of construction!

Deanna said...

What a beauty! So many bricks and so well cared for. I'd love to live in that barn. Can you just imagine the rooms?

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

Wow! Now that's a great looking barn!

Robyn said...

That is a neat barn. It has so many interesting features, the shape, it's made of brick and looks at the doors and windows. Thanks for sharing!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

You don't see this type of barn often. It's in wonder full shape for it's age. What a great find!

Kerri Farley said...

That barn looks lovely enough to live in!!

Mary said...

wow..that's a very nice one! Looks so unusual and interesting. Glad you found it for us.

Anonymous said...

1879? YoWsA! A round, brick barn! Very cool & love that old house, too... oh the stories they could tell

Thanks =)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a building quite like that. Love the old house.

Kristine said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!