WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

The babies are here! I've spent a good amount of time photographing these Baltimore oriole juveniles, and I found out they aren't as easy as I thought! My goodness are they fast and so much arguing! Here is a young male in the tree waiting his turn at the grape jelly.
A newcomer at the restaurant too is this male House Finch. I did see him eat some jelly.

Another juvenile male oriole in the trees.
Here is a female begging food from Dad.
I love this one, a young male on his first time to the feeder no doubt. He looks a bit suspicious don't you think, as the wind blows his top feathers..
Happy WBW, and be sure to click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they have pretty neat coloration, even as young ones!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is so good to see the next generation start visiting the feeders.

Elaine said...

Very cute!

Linda said...

I am afraid to try the grape jelly - we have so many bees and ants that get in the hummer feeders, I am afraid they would just swarm the jelly! But I would LOVE to have some shots like this! Great photos - all of them!

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute juvie Orioles. I love all the Orioles, they are beautiful birds. Wonderful photos, have a great day.

Kerri Farley said...

These are FABULOUS!!!!

Mary said...

Ahhh...how cute! I don't even see the adults here. Great photos!

Unknown said...

Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

mick said...

Great photos. Juveniles are always fun to watch.

Pat said...

How lucky you are to be able to watch these babies grow up! Great captures.

Dave said...

a lovely snap shot from around the feeders, nicely put together