WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Looking back

I found the cutest teeny little fungus on the creek trail. Along side a penny my sister gave me you can tell the size.
We had taken an afternoon walk looking for wildlife, but didn't see any.

Earlier in the day we went to the beach looking for beach glass. It was a perfect day. Sort of warm, but no visible sun.
Several little Semipalmated Sandpipers flitted here and there, always busy searching for a meal.

I can never let an opportunity go by to photograph Canada geese.

High up in the trees a Turkey Vulture waits for us to leave so he can continue his lunch of dead fish

This one is out of order, but is another of the same Sandpiper.


A few days ago on the creek trail, I spotted a flock of Ceder Waxwings. They were flying back and forth across the creek catching some insects.





This one is a juvenile. I've never seen a young one before, and I wasn't sure what it was at first.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week-end. We are being blessed with some much needed rain.

6 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

We got a shower yesterday that gave us 6 mm of rain. Not much really but enough to clear the air of smoke and give an illusion of dampness. We have been SO dry here this summer.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The young Cedar Waxwings really do look very different from the adults.I don't think I have ever seen a fungus that small.
Have a great day.
Blessings,Ruth

eileeninmd said...

Now, that is a tiny and cute fungus. Wonderful series of photos. Love the all the birds,especially the Waxwings.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like that little fungus. It looks like a miniature sculpture.


Sandpipers are such fun to watch. We had a few near ere in a small pond last spring but they moved on!

Mary said...

I'm glad you put that penny there...I had no idea it was such a small mushroom! Love the sandpipers...I don't often get to see any. And the Waxwings! I've never seen a young one...how cool! I keep waiting for them to show up here for my crabapples and pears.

Margaret Cloud said...

I guess that is a tiny little fungus. I like going to the beach and seeing the Sandpipers, they run ahead of you and when you catch up, they fly and land behind you. Very nice pictures.