The wood is all cut, and next week we'll be splitting with the wood splitter. We're making great progress. Happy Ruby Tuesday, and thanks to mary/the teach for this meme. Click on over to http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com to see more RED.
That is a great stack! Splitting wood on a cold fall day I love, not in the heat of a northern hemisphere August though. Good luck with all the splitting and stacking.
Now that is a pile of wood. We used to heat with wood and I've spent many days doing what you are here. I miss it sometimes but not on days like today when my back is sore from just digging in the garden.
Being from Colorado, where the winters last 6 months or more sometimes...I know just what a chore and heavy work [hard on the back for me] is!!! Love the photo tho...but 'bad' memories. I like the warm tropical coast best. LOLOLOL
A note: I'm going to begin a new meme, started tomorrow evening. You may be interested in participating...at least stop by tomorrow around 6PM my time zone to find out what it's going to be like....
Have a great day just filled with loads of sunshine!!!
10 comments:
That is a great stack! Splitting wood on a cold fall day I love, not in the heat of a northern hemisphere August though. Good luck with all the splitting and stacking.
I love the pic but it looks like toooooooo much work for me!!!!
You have some work ahead of you!
I know, this is what my stepdad does part time.
Sometime, my brother-in-law is going to bring his wood splitter over and we are going to do my big pile of rounds! I'm no good with an ax.
Now that is a pile of wood. We used to heat with wood and I've spent many days doing what you are here. I miss it sometimes but not on days like today when my back is sore from just digging in the garden.
Being from Colorado, where the winters last 6 months or more sometimes...I know just what a chore and heavy work [hard on the back for me] is!!! Love the photo tho...but 'bad' memories. I like the warm tropical coast best. LOLOLOL
My RT is HERE
A note: I'm going to begin a new meme, started tomorrow evening. You may be interested in participating...at least stop by tomorrow around 6PM my time zone to find out what it's going to be like....
Have a great day just filled with loads of sunshine!!!
Now that a job. But well seasoned fire wood makes great warmth.
My Ruby link for you
And the fires will be warm and comfy when you need them. :)
I'm always amazed at the stack of wood you cut each year! Wow! but you have such long winters, I guess you sure need it.
Now that is one big job awaiting.
Post a Comment